This is a very simple file from a 256-channel spectroscopic
Simple Spectrometer Example File
- The leading < xml > element and namespace information present in the
other examples is not present. These items are strongly recommended but are not
absolutely required; note that the file cannot be validated without this
- There is some optional information in this example: all the time
information (<StartTime>, <LiveTime>, and <RealTime> elements)
and the energy calibration (the <Calibration> element and everything in
it) could be omitted if the data was not available. These data are required if
- The indented formatting is purely for readability and is not required. Line
breaks are not required, and there is no limit to line length - the entire file
could be represented on a single line.
- All numeric values, including channel data, can be in either integer or
floating point representation.
- The data were acquired beginning November 10, 2003, at
11:45:19 P.M. The real time is 60 seconds, and the live time is
59.61 seconds. If time zone information is known, it is required. For
example, if the zone is Mountain Standard Time, the start time would be written
as 2003-11-22T23:45:19-07:00 instead.
- The energy calibration is quadratic. Only the first two coefficients would
appear for a linear calibration having an offset of -21.84 keV and a gain
of 12.105214 keV/channel.