|Additions, corrections, and improvements of the interface:
- New interactive triangular data holdings diagrams added to the Lines and Levels Holdings web pages.
The holdings can also be accessed from http://physics.nist.gov/asd/contents/lines and http://physics.nist.gov/asd/contents/levels.
- Line sorting routines corrected in the database codes.
- Error corrected in Saha-LTE ionization balance calculations, related to choice of a correct ionization limit in spectra with multiple limits.
- Energy levels and spectral lines with classifications added/updated for Cr I-II and Cu I.
- Energy levels, spectral lines, and transition probabilities added or updated for Fe V.
- Transition probabilities added or updated for Al I-VII.
- Line identifications corrected for Mn VI, Kr II, Rb X, Fr I
- Observed and/or Ritz wavelengths corrected for O VII, Ne V, Ca I, Fe XV, Ag III, Xe IV, W I near the boundaries of the air wavelength range (2000 and 20000 Å).
- Line strength and transition probability corrected for several forbidden transitions,
two in C V, two in N VI, and three in O VII.
- Several misprints corrected in various other spectra.
|Additions, corrections, and minor improvements of the interface:
- Wavelengths of ~200 unidentified lines of Fe I corrected.
- Line references for Ne III corrected for all observed lines.
- Errors in A values corrected for Sc I-II.
- Energy levels and spectral lines added/updated for Ca III, Mn II, Fe II, Co II, Ag II, and In II.
- Ionization Energies output page changed to display the ion charge instead of the spectrum number.
- Levels and Lines Lists of Holdings modified to display triangular charts in addition to periodic table charts.
- Several misprints corrected in various spectra.
|Major update. New additions and corrections:
- Added a new Web interface for retrieval of ionization energies and total binding energies of ground states of all atomic spectra.
Ionization energies and ground states added or revised for all spectra of all elements up to Ds (Z=110). About 4900 of those ionization energies (5844 in total) are new, and about 400 have been updated. Uncertainties have been added or revised for all ionization energies.
- Web interface of ASD is improved. Handling of the Spectrum field in Levels and Lines Search Forms is revised to conform to the standard used in the NIST Atomic Spectra Bibliographic Databases, which allows for searching of multiple spectra by isoelectronic sequence names, as well as by names of spectra and by ionic charge. Layout of the lines output is changed to approximate layouts used in atomic spectroscopy literature. Help pages contents are revised.
- Energy levels and spectral lines with transition probabilities added/updated for Ne IV, Ti I-II, Sr II-XXXVIII, Cs III-LV, Ba III-LVI.
- Energy levels corrected or added for O VI, Pm II, Tb II, Dy I-II, Ho I, Tm II, Lu I, Hf I, Ta II, Au I-II, Hg III-IV, Tl II-IV, Pb I-V, Bi I-II, Bi VI, Po I.
- Energy level classifications added for prominent lines of Ge I-II, Ru II, Pd II, Nd I-II, Pm I-II, Sm I-II, Eu I-II, Gd I-II, Tb I-II, Dy I-II, Ho I-II, Er I-II, Tm I-II, Yb I-II, Lu I-II, Hf I-II, Ta I-II, Ir I-II, Au I-II, Tl I-II, Pb I-II, Bi I-II, Po I, At I, Rn I, Ra I-II.
- Transition probabilities added or updated for Tc I-II, Ru I-II, Pd I-II, In I, Sb I-II, I I, Nd I-II, Sm I-II, Eu I-II, Gd I, Tb II, Dy I-II, Ho I-II, Er I-II, Tm I-II, Yb I-II, Lu I-II, Hf I-II, Tl II, Pb I-II, Bi I-II.
- Missing observed intensities of 17 lines have been inserted from NIST Monograph 68 for Xe I.
- Several duplicate transitions deleted in the line lists for Na VII, Si I, Ar II, K I, Fe I, Sr I, Te I-II.
- A number of misprints corrected.
- Default unit for output wavelengths changed from Ångström to nm.
|Additions and corrections:
- Transition probabilities added/updated for S I-XV.
- Energy levels updated for Tc I, Ru II, Rh II, Ag I, Cd I, In I, Sn I, Sb I-II, Te I-II, I I.
- Spectral line lists updated for Tc I-II, Ru I-II, Rh I-II, Pd I-II, Ag I, Cd I, In I, Sn I, Sb I-II, Te I-II, I I-II, Cs II.
- Corrections made to line identifications and/or transition probability references for B III and Si I.
- A number of misprints corrected
|Major update. Additions and corrections:
- Energy levels added for Ac III, Ag III, At I, Bi III-VI, Cd I-IV,
Cs I-II, Hf I-II, I I-VIII, I XII-XIII, In I-V, Ir I-II, Nb I-VII, Nb XV, Os I-II, Pb I-II,
Pd I-III, Po I, Pt I-II, Ra I-II, Re I-II, Rh I-III, Rn I-II, Ru I-III,
Sb I-VI, Sn I-VI, Sr I-V, Sr XI-XII, Ta I-II, Tc I-II, Te I-VII, Tl I-II, Y I-V, Y XII-XIII, Zr I-II, Zr V-VI, Zr XIV.
- Energy levels updated for 198Hg I, Ac I, Ag II, Ar II-III, Ar VII-XVII, Au I, Mo VI,
W XIV, W XXIX, W XLI-LXXII.
- Spectral lines added for Ar XII, Ar XV-XVIII, W LII, W LIV, W LVI-LXXII
- Spectral lines updated for 198Hg I, Ar II-XI, Ar XIII-XIV, Mo VI, Sr I, W XIV,
W XXIX, W XLIII-LI, W LV-LXIII, W LXV.
- A number of misprints corrected
- Some programmatic improvements were made
- Several misprints fixed
- Minor improvement in the help system
|Major update. New additions and corrections:
- Full integration with the NIST Atomic Spectra
- Added support of isotope data
- Added energy levels for Ag I-II, Au I-II, Ac I-II, Bi I-II
- Added or updated spectral lines and energy levels for H, B, Ne, Na,
K, Kr in all
ionization stages, Hg I, Fe I-II, highly-charged ions of W
- Added spectral lines and energy levels for isotopes D, T,
3He I, 10B I-II, 11B
I-II, 198Hg I and energy levels only for 3He II,
39K I, 40K I, 41K I.
- Added or updated transition probabilities for H through B in all
ionization stages, C
I-II, N I-II, Fe I-II
- Updated conversion factors for transition probability parameters
- A number of errors and/or misprints were fixed in various ions
- energies of the high-n ns and nd levels in Rb I corrected
- energies of the doubly-excited levels in Ar XVI corrected
- minor bug fixes
|New additions and corrections:
- Ritz wavelengths and transition probabilities added for C VI and O VIII
- energy levels and lines added/updated for Br IV
- energy levels and lines added/updated for Ne V and VI
- numerous corrections for bibliographic references for transition probabilities and lines
- line 623.767 Å in Ar IV removed
- energy levels and lines added for Fr I (isotope 212Fr)
- energy levels and lines added/updated for ions of Ga
- comments field added for primary data source
- total Doppler-broadened spectrum output (summed over all ionization stages) added
- corrected vacuum-air conversions for the multiplet output
- observed wavelengths are now displayed for the singlet lines in the multiplet output
- level 6p2 3P2 in Hg I is assigned energy 96190
- 15- and 100-page outputs are removed
- improved management of the popup windows (bibliography etc.)
- several other minor error fixes and corrections
|New additions and corrections:
- direct query links to bibliographic databases are added for both level and line queries
- citation information is now displayed on the query output pages
- in He I, energy levels are corrected for 169 levels, Ritz wavelengths corrected for corresponding transitions
- duplicate level 1s3s 1S0 removed in N VI
- about 100 duplicate lines removed in various ions of Mg, Al, B, P, and S
- about 400 A-values corrected for Si II (x 1e8)
- energy corrected for the 2s22p4 level in Ar XI
- number of references to transition probabilities and/or lines are corrected for ions of S, Mg, and Al
Major update and error fix version.
- New comprehensive sets of data added for B II, Ne II, Ne III, Ne VIII, Kr I -- XXXVI
- Data addition and updates for spectral lines of Al VI -- XII and Si I -- XIII
- Energy levels for Nd II are updated
- Level compositions added to Ho and Yb ions
- Term grouping corrected in rare earth elements
- Configuration notations corrected for 314 levels in Br I, Br II, Se XXIV, As XXIII, Dy II.
- Core J-values corrected in 2p55f configuration in Al IV.
- JcK notation corrected in some energy levels in Cl I.
- Primary source of data added in the output.
- Corrected observed/Ritz wavelength selection for line identification and Saha plots.
- Minor style interface improvements.
|Added new data for spectral lines of Na and Mg (all ionization stages). New feature:
wavenumber range selection. Fixed incorrect conversion of air wavelengths to wavenumbers. Energy of the level 2p3p 3P0 in O III changed from 300239.93 to 300229.93 (misprint); the Ritz wavelengths of transitions related to this level are corrected as well.
|Minor bugs are fixed. Energy of the level 25p
3P2 in Hg I changed from 88920.8 to 83920.8
(misprint). New features added: (i) output of the averaged term energy,
(ii) wavenumber output for multiplets.
|New data added for W I,
W II, and Be II. Added
Doppler broadening for the Saha/LTE spectrum and calculation of the partition
function for arbitrary ions.
|See Version 3.0-beta below. A detailed list of changes between
Version 2.0 and Version 3.0 is available.|
|The database management system has been completely replaced, and a new
interface has been developed. New graphical capabilities have been added as
well. Additions, revisions and updates to data, references, and texts have been
March 22, 1999
|Contains transition data on the first 99 elements in the periodic
table and energy level data for the first 28 elements plus
Z = 42, 57-71. Data on transition probabilities, wavelengths,
and energy levels are integrated and self consistent. A new database search
engine and World Wide Web interface have been created.|
9 July 1999
|Version 1.3 of ASD is maintained as an archive. The database was
transferred from "aeldata.nist.gov" to "physics.nist.gov."
"aeldata.nist.gov" now resides behind the NIST firewall and is no
longer accessible to the public. At relocation time, the interface was
redesigned to allow for easier access to the data. Also, the data tables were
reformatted to save screen space making them easier to view.
Si I energy levels from Energy Levels of Silicon,
Si I through Si XIV,
W.C. Martin and R. Zalubas, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data 12,
323-380 (1983) are now available.
13 March 1998
|Si I energy levels are at present unavailable.
Si I energy levels contained in the database
through 12 March 1998 were from unpublished measurements and data compiled
at NIST (1993), which updated the published NIST energy level compilation,
Energy Levels of Silicon, Si I through
Si XIV, W.C. Martin and R. Zalubas,
J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data 12, 323-380 (1983).
Pending completion and publication of the 1993 work, the
Si I energy levels will revert back to the
published data in the next release.
16 January 1996
|References, ground states, and ionization energies have been added for all
spectra for which other data are included. New energy level data have been
added for Zn I-XXX and new wavelength data have
been added for Fe XIV.|
28 March 1995
|Official release, NIST approved version. Includes most of the existing
recent critically evaluated NIST data on atomic energy levels, transition
probabilities, and wavelengths. Energy level data are included for over 500
spectra for the elements Na through S, K through Ni, Cu, Ge, Kr, and Mo, La
through Lu, and O II. Transition probability data
are included for Sc through Ni. Wavelength data are included for
O II, Mg, Al, S, and Sc.|
3 January 1995
|Unofficial release. Includes most of the existing recent critically
evaluated NIST data on atomic energy levels, transition probabilities, and
wavelengths. Energy level data are included for over 500 spectra for the
elements Na through S, K through Ni, Cu, Ge, Kr, and Mo, La through Lu, and
O II. Transition probability data are included for
Sc through Ni. Wavelength data are included for
O II, Mg, Al, S, and Sc.